Sunday, October 20, 2013

Surgery Day- May 16th

Well May 16th was the big day for fs and it was here!! Matt had got back to the hotel around two am and we both maybe got 2 hrs of sleep. We had to be at children's hospital at 6 am to check in and get things started like all the paperwork, last minute questions with the doctors, all that history they need for labor and delivery and of course IVs and the epidural too. I didn't realize that I would have to have an epidural also with this surgery. I guess it only made sense once I thought about it ;) this was my room while getting ready for surgery. The bathroom was beautiful!!




Everything went by pretty fast that morning and before I knew it I was saying goodbyes to Matt and my parents and me and my little man were being wheeled off into the OR. I remember going in the OR and having so much anxiety. The room was huge and there were already so many people in there getting things ready to go. (I work as a surgical tech so the OR is nothing new to me, but not knowing how things would work and what I would wake up to was a sick feeling)  I was told that during the surgery there would be up to possibly 30 people in the room with all the teams that needed to be there incase they would have to deliver Hudson at that time. I was hoping to wake up still pregnant!! 
After 2 hrs of surgery (seems quite fast) I woke up in the pacu in a horrible amount of pain.  I 
remember the doctors asking if I could feel my legs and I lifted them high up in the air. Obviously my epidural didn't work so I had to have another one fresh out of surgery. They let Matt come in when i was awake and It was great to have him by my side. I just remember hearing the                              
doctors say that things went well and I was still pregnant. At that point that's all that mattered!!

1 comment: