Sunday, March 30, 2014

Magnesium, Bedrest, Long days!!

After surgery I was on magnesium for the next 48 hrs. Anyone who has been on mag knows its pretty much the worst experience ever. I couldn't get out of bed for two days. Because of that I had to have a catheter in place and Hudson and I were monitored very closely. They would do an ultrasound daily and put him on the monitor every couple of hrs. All I really remember of the those days on mag was not being able to see straight. My head felt so heavy I could barely lift it off the pillow. Most of all just being miserable. But this was all worth it for Hudson. He was always so active when he would be on the monitor. They wanted to do it for at least 20 mins but we usually ended up being on it a lot longer!!! They were mainly watching his heart rate and also if my uterus was contracting at all. I would have small ones through out the day but nothing worrisome. The four days after surgery seemed long. I was confined to a bed and basically the small hospital room. I was thankful to have my parents there with me who would come periodically throughout the days. Matt would come most days around 2 in the afternoon and stay til 5 so he could head into work for the night. I remember feeling so depressed because I missed home. I missed my little girl who was home wondering what was going on and not understanding why we weren't there with her. I felt lonely. A lot of the time I would sit on the couch by the window and watch life going on around me wondering what our future held with this strong little boy inside of me. All I could think about was how good it would be to get out of the hospital and at least be in a hotel passing time until I was cleared to go back home to Utah and be with all my loved ones again. I knew the road was going to be a long one ahead of us but I was ready to face it head on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment