Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Denver Bound

After making it back from Denver and chatting with people who means the most to us we started planning on how we could make this work. Knowing if we went through with this that we would be in Denver for possibly up to 4 months if Hudson decided to come early......
Matt works with a construction company called Ames. He had mentioned to his boss that it was possible that we may be doing Fetal Surgery in Denver
and wondering what the chances would be if he could be transferred for the time we were there to be with me but still be bringing in money. After all I wouldn't be working til after  Hudson arrived and bills still needed to be met. Within a day or so they let Matt know that it would not be a problem to be transferred and they would even pay for our place to stay where he would be working. The only downfall was him working graveyards. But hey he would be able to work and be with me so we could not have felt more lucky. Things just continued to fall into place and we had made up our minds this was what was supposed to be happening. Nevaeh would stay with my family and Matt's and they would make it work. I was sick to be leaving our little girl but we knew that we needed to focus on our little guy too and give him the best chances at life.
I called and scheduled one last consult and surgery for the 16th of May. Matt had to leave that Sunday (Mothers Day) and my parents were going to drive me out Monday and stay with us for the week while I had the surgery. It was a time when I needed my parents by my side also. Things were becoming real and I was so nervous to have this big surgery. I overanalyze pretty much everything. And decision making is not a strong point of mine so for the whole week up until we signed papers and I guess the morning of surgery I would ask Matt and my parents are you sure this is the right decision.... In my mind I knew it was because things just fell into place for it not to be. I knew that if we chose not to we would always wonder if we should have and what would be different.
We had our last consult/paper signing Wednesday. Tues and Wed I had the steroid shots to help develop his lungs if he would choose to come early. That night my parents and I went to dinner (Matt was working) and had some good laughs and headed back to the hotel that was now home for a couple of weeks, I took my pill that I was scheduled to take to help with relaxing my uterus and waited for Matt to come home early. The big day was only a couple hrs away and the anticipation once again sat in.




No comments:

Post a Comment